Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Restart!

Hmm, it says a lot that I haven't blogged since my 12 week program ended. That's probably because when it ended, I not only fell off the wagon, I crashed it hardcore into a 6 foot wall of rebound eating.
I took a couple week off training hard at the gym too, my mind and body had achieved a level of burnout I'd never previously known.

Burn out, for me, basically meant I didn't want to go to the gym. I didn't want to lift weights, I didn't want to do cardio. I wanted to eat junk and be indulgent and REST. So I did. And I advocate doing that, if you're the type of person who's able to say after a day or two, "OK, did that. Now it's time to restart, and get back on track." I am not, apparently, that readily able to self-motivate.

Over the past several weeks, I've recommitted several times to eating on-plan, and exercising as prescribed by my 12 week plan. I've made the gym habit these past two weeks, and I'm proud of that. Hitherto, I was being more active in other ways, horse back riding, and even going on a mini surf-trip to Southern CA, which I'll blog about more in the future.

So this is the blog post where I have already reached the conclusion that I need outside accountability and motivation to continue on my fitness journey, at this point in my life. Finding what motivates me, and keeps me going, is absolutely key to my ongoing success. I'm excited to continue my journey, and proud that I've learned more about myself even if doing so made a physical setback in the short run.

I have some new goals!

  1. Consistently run 1.5 miles in 13 minutes and under. (Let's start w/twice this week!)
  2. Learn some yoga moves, including (by the end of October) The Scorpion.
  3. Be able to complete 40 push ups without stopping.
  4. Cook one new, healthy recipe a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment